SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager Course (2 Day)
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise– and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs– by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to perform their roles effectively.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Who Should Attend?
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, Consultants, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO Personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects, Lean-Agile Leaders, and Agile Change Agents.
What are the Prerequisites?
While anyone can attend this class to enhance their knowledge base, Leading SAFe®, SAFe® ScrumXP, or SAFe® SPC training is highly recommended as prerequisite for this course and to receive certification.
SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager Learning Goals
To perform the roles of a SAFe® 5 POPM, attendees Will learn how to do a few things:
SAFe® Overview Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®
Product Manager & Product Owner Roles Connect SAFe® Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
Program Increment Planning Executing the Program Increment and delivering continuous value
Enterprise Backlog Management A discussion about the Enterprise Backlog Model, connecting the Portfolio to the Business, Formulating Strategic Themes, and Epics and Stories
Delivering Features An experiential walk-through of “Building/Maintaining Vision and Roadmap” and how it guides the delivery of Features over time. This naturally leads to the discussion of the refining and prioritization of the Program Backlog.
Agile Software Requirements Using Feature Stories to drive Features, Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
Stakeholder Management Creating a Stakeholder Plan and engaging your Stakeholders to put the customer at the center of your design, build, and test process
- Attend the 2-Day SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager course
- Pass the SAFe® 5 POPM (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
What You Get:
- Attendee workbooks
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Renewals are from the date of certification.
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach- hours
The SAFe® certification test is challenging! Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two-day course to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you.
SAFe® 5 Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) training is taught by experienced agile professionals who are currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels and are active members of the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.