Pliant Solutions is seeking highly motivated Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters.
Wait, wait, wait. This is what we’re really looking for: Good people looking to do good work for all the right reasons. Potential, experience, and capabilities are all factors in determining if you’re the right fit for Pliant Solutions and our clients. If passion and mastery resonate with you, please reach out!
Team & Program Agile Coach/Sr. Scrum Master
An Agile Program / Team Coach assists our clients in leading the continued adoption and execution of Agile principles and practices across the organization, focusing on the program and team levels. This person will guide the adoption of the growth mindset in support of delivering innovative products to the market through increased creativity, autonomy, and collaboration. Program and Team coaches help the delivery team collaborate with the business, stakeholders, and functional departments to foster the development of successful products.
- A bachelors’ degree in business or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Scrum Master/Agile Coach and 12 years’ exerience in IT. MUST be able to write and coach the writing of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen.
- Provide coaching and training at the program and team levels in an emerging Agile environment.
- Proven success coaching teams to adopt Agile methodologies.
- Quickly establish collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and team members to coach them in their journey of adopting agile.
- Assess the current organization and delivery environment and recommend optimal agile practices tailored to the client.
- Experience with approaches for scaling agile (e.g., SAFe, LeSS) a plus.
- Experienced in coordinating the work of multiple teams.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience with Story Mapping, PI Planning, Road Mapping.
- Ability to facilitate discussion at all levels of the organization to resolve conflicts.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations to executive leadership.
- Advanced technical skills.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Stays current in the Agile space as exemplified by ongoing education in Agile frameworks training, conference attendance, user group participation, and self-study.
- Perform in various agile roles, including Scrum Master, where needed.
Location: Herndon, VA and Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Full-time
Ambassador of the team and facilitator of the process. A partner of the Product Owner and Team, minimizing disorder, optimizing flow, and fostering business value delivery. Assists the team in embodying agile practices and principals and maximizing productivity through a clear product vision.
Some General Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a senior team member, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation and sustainability of Agile processes, principles, and practices
- Provide high-touch and hands-on team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace
- Assist team members in identifying, prioritizing and either clearing or escalating impediments
- Provide training to Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Teams (i.e., individual and workshops)
- Serve as an advisor to teams; leading by example and challenging the status quo
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams’ Scrum maturity to inform ongoing support decisions
- Cultivate Communities of Practice
- Partner with Scrum Masters to identify and support opportunities to increase team maturity
- Partner with Product Owners to ensure vision, roadmap and personas are well-defined and understood
- Guide scrum masters on becoming better at facilitation and focusing teams on completing tasks
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration, and quality practices
- Promote environment and culture of experimentation and innovation
- Foster a trusting environment focused on servant leadership and continuous improvement
- Draft and maintain training materials, collect and collate feedback from training sessions
- Ensure Agile adherence and consistency while maintaining teams’ abilities to be self- directed
Specific coaching areas include but are not limited to:
- Change Management
- Scaling Agile; release planning and dependency management
- Sprint events: planning, stand-ups, refinement, reviews/demos, retrospectives
- Impediment identification and removal
- Persona development
- Story mapping; road mapping and planning
- Backlog management: definition, grooming, and prioritization
- Story sizing and task estimation
- Team building and communication
- Tracking and using velocity, burndown and burnup
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Expert practitioner of Scrum and Lean Start Up
- Excellent communication, facilitation and relationship building skills
- Proven success coaching teams to adopt Agile methodologies
- Minimum of two (2) years of real-world Scrum coaching experience, guiding at least two (2) organizations through varied challenges of Scrum adoption (5 years ideal)
- Minimum of two (2) years as a practicing Scrum Master
- Diverse change management experience across multiple organizations, teams, products, environments and technologies
- Ability to facilitate discussion at all levels of the organization to resolve conflicts
- Experience with approaches for scaling Agile (e.g., SAFe, LeSS)
- Stays current in the Agile space as exemplified by ongoing education in Agile frameworks training, conference attendance, user group participation and self-study
- Availability for some travel
- Working knowledge of Agile tools (e.g., Atlassian tools — JIRA, Confluence)
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Coaching experience at a Fortune 500 (large size) organization highly desirable
- Certified ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)
If your a good person looking to do good work for all the right reasons and would like more information about the agile job opportunities, or want to submit a resume, email Darren Hoevel directly at [email protected]
*Pliant Solutions uses e-Verify.