Pliant Solutions is seeking highly motivated Developers, Agile Enterprise Coaches, Team Coaches, and ScrumMaster/Business Analysts.
Wait, wait, wait. This is what we’re really looking for: Good people looking to do good work for all the right reasons. Potential, experience, and capabilities are all factors in determining if you’re the right fit for Pliant Solutions and our clients. If passion and mastery resonate with you, please reach out!
The developer is responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The developer will also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development
- Familiar with agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested J2EE application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Familiarity with J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting responsibilities
- Adheres to, promotes, and helps maintain development standards and best practices; participates in regular code reviews
- Assist development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
- Experience with object-oriented programming or an entire software development life cycle in an academic or professional environment
- Experience in a rapid prototyping environment
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
- U.S. Citizenship is required as is successfully passing a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
- BS or BA or 3-8 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 3-8 years of hands on development experience with open source Java stack.
- Deep understanding and experience with designing and implementing highly scalable web applications in a cloud environment.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services.
- Currently holds a DHS Public Trust Clearance
- Certified in Lean Software Development, Kanban, Scrum and other Agile processes
- Department Homeland Security (DHS) Experience
Location: Washington D.C.
Agile Enterprise Coach
Guides the large-scale adoption and scaling of Agile practices and principals across the organization and acts as Systems Thinker–“optimizing the whole” through end-to-end value delivery. As an expert, they act as servant leader at all levels of the organization, encourages a growth-mindset, challenges the status quo, assists in conflict resolution, and drives a culture of learning. An Agile Enterprise Coach Thinks Big, acts with precision, and drives value.
Agile Team Coach
Assists our clients in leading the continued adoption and execution of Agile principles and practices across the organization, focusing on the program and team levels. Guides the adoption of the growth mindset in support of delivering innovative products to the market through increased creativity, autonomy, and collaboration. Helps the delivery team collaborate with the businesses, stakeholders, and functional departments to foster the development of successful products. The Agile Team Coach would facilitate the continuous improvement of the agile processes, principles, and practices.
Ambassador of the team and facilitator of the process. A partner of the Product Owner and Team, minimizing disorder, optimizing flow, and fostering business value delivery. Assists the team in embodying agile practices and principals and maximizing productivity through a clear product vision.
Some General Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a senior team member, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation and sustainability of Agile processes, principles, and practices
- Provide high-touch and hands-on team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace
- Assist team members in identifying, prioritizing and either clearing or escalating impediments
- Provide training to Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Teams (i.e., individual and workshops)
- Serve as an advisor to teams; leading by example and challenging the status quo
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams’ Scrum maturity to inform ongoing support decisions
- Cultivate Communities of Practice
- Partner with Scrum Masters to identify and support opportunities to increase team maturity
- Partner with Product Owners to ensure vision, roadmap and personas are well-defined and understood
- Guide scrum masters on becoming better at facilitation and focusing teams on completing tasks
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration, and quality practices
- Promote environment and culture of experimentation and innovation
- Foster a trusting environment focused on servant leadership and continuous improvement
- Draft and maintain training materials, collect and collate feedback from training sessions
- Ensure Agile adherence and consistency while maintaining teams’ abilities to be self- directed
Specific coaching areas include but are not limited to:
- Change Management
- Scaling Agile; release planning and dependency management
- Sprint events: planning, stand-ups, refinement, reviews/demos, retrospectives
- Impediment identification and removal
- Persona development
- Story mapping; road mapping and planning
- Backlog management: definition, grooming, and prioritization
- Story sizing and task estimation
- Team building and communication
- Tracking and using velocity, burndown and burnup
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Expert practitioner of Scrum and Lean Start Up
- Excellent communication, facilitation and relationship building skills
- Proven success coaching teams to adopt Agile methodologies
- Minimum of two (2) years of real-world Scrum coaching experience, guiding at least two (2) organizations through varied challenges of Scrum adoption (5 years ideal)
- Minimum of two (2) years as a practicing Scrum Master
- Diverse change management experience across multiple organizations, teams, products, environments and technologies
- Ability to facilitate discussion at all levels of the organization to resolve conflicts
- Experience with approaches for scaling Agile (e.g., SAFe, LeSS)
- Stays current in the Agile space as exemplified by ongoing education in Agile frameworks training, conference attendance, user group participation and self-study
- Availability for some travel
- Working knowledge of Agile tools (e.g., Atlassian tools — JIRA, Confluence)
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Coaching experience at a Fortune 500 (large size) organization highly desirable
- Certified ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)
Agile Business Analyst
Perform detailed requirements analysis, document processes, and perform user acceptance testing. Translate difficult technical concepts to non-technical users.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Participate fully in the Agile development process.
- Share ideas and findings at Standups, Reviews, and Retrospectives.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Effectively document and communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports.
- Work closely with users, stakeholders, and team members.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Update, implement, and maintain procedures.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Manage competing resources and priorities.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects.
Business Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Work experience in an Agile environment.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.