We live and work in an increasingly interconnected and rapidly changing world. New business models are shifting duties to teams instead of individuals, which means people are now working more closely together. It also means leaders have to adapt their leadership style to guide the intricacies of human dynamics and channel collective knowledge.
How can leaders create learning environments that navigate the complexity of interpersonal relationships, learn (and improve!) through dialogue and conflict, overcome the human element of barriers to change, and support the growth and engagement of their employees?
The New Role of Leadership
Personal Discovery & Tools for Organizational Evolution is a three-day immersive journey focused on helping today’s leaders shift the focus from generating fixes to generating dialogue. You will develop deep insights into yourself and your leadership style, learn how to break the barriers preventing personal, team, and institutional growth, and will create coaching relationships with others who will support you after our immersion has come to a close.
Dates: May 8-11, 2018
Hours: 9am – 8pm*
with a break for lunch & dinner
Location: Lake Anna in Bumpass, VA
includes lodging & meals
Through this course, you will
- Understand the difference between technical and adaptive problems and how to shift your thinking to help your organization solve problems collectively.
- Understand communication patterns and how to “read the room” to help teams identify and overcome unhealthy patterns.
- Learn to deliver and receive constructive feedback to reinforce trust and safety within teams.
- Receive direct feedback from your colleagues and learning partners to help you identify areas for self improvement.
- Understand how to coach colleagues to help bring out the powerful information locked within them.
- Overcome personal, professional, and organizational barriers to change and learn how to systematically move forward.
- Create your own improvement story so that you can continue to move the needle a little each day.
- Participate in a guided cohort following the class that will help you network, connect, and bring about lasting changes in yourself and your organization.