In this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe® ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
Who Should Attend:
This course is for executives, managers, and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise
While anyone can attend the class to enhance their knowledge base, in order to receive certification, you must have:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Attend the 2-Day Leading SAFe® course
- Pass the SA Exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach¬ hours
- SA Content Kit (pdf material for non-revenue generating use)
- Content updates (SAs in good standing)
- SA Branding Kit (certification mark, material co-branding, etc.)
- Certified SA directory listing (optional)
- Scaled Agile Academy LinkedIn community membership
Through the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts who are currently “in the trenches.” This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the course module.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
Learners will gain a solid understanding of key SAFe® concepts:
Introduction to SAFe®-Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®
Lean Thinking-An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow.
Agile Development-Application of Agile development in the enterprise context, as well as Business Benefits.
SAFe® ScrumXP-An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level.
Agile Release Train-Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains – long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams.
Agile Portfolio Management-Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance.
Agile Architecture-Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow.
Scaling Leadership-Scaling Enterprise Lean|Agile leadership.
The SAFe® certification test is challenging! Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two day course to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
- Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise by Dean Leffingwell
- Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises by Dean Leffingwell
- Leading Change, With a New Preface by the Author
- The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development by Donald G. Reinertsen
- Scaled Agile Framework Case Studies
Sign Up for Our Next Public Course!
- Leading SAFe® | Scaled Agilist Certification
September 15, 2015 - September 16, 2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm