In this two-day course, you’ll have some fun with Lego® Serious Play® (LSP) and learn the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) so that you can support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and coordinate large Value Streams. You’ll gain a solid understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
Who Should Attend:
This course is for executives, managers, and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise…who like to play with Legos®!
While anyone can attend the class to enhance their knowledge base, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- Attend the 2-Day Leading SAFe® 4.0 course
- Pass the SA Exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach- hours
What You Get:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Agilist Exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile with access to members-only resources
- SAFe® Agilist (SA) attendance certificate available upon request
- PDUs: 14 | SEUs: 14
Through the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
Learners will gain a solid understanding of key SAFe® concepts:
Introduction to SAFe®-Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®.
Lean-Agile Mindset-Embrace the Lean Mindset and support the Agile Manifesto.
Understanding SAFe® Principles-Understand why each of the nine SAFe® principles work to assure the change moves the enterprise in the right direction, as each implantation is different.
Agile Release Train-Learn how to synchronize development with the Agile Release Train, as well as organize Agile Teams and implement Agile Release Train roles.
Experiencing PI Planning-Create and review draft Product Increment plans; finalize plans and establish Business Value; and review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives.
Executing & Releasing Value-Vision inspires action: Learn how to develop the Vision, Roadmap & Backlog. Then learn the steps to prioritize and execute each iteration, inspect and adapt, and release value on demand.
Agile Portfolio-Define Strategic Themes, identify portfolio Value Streams, advance Solution Behavior with portfolio Epics, transition from project cost accounting to Lean-Agile Budgeting, and forecast Epics on a near term Roadmap.
Building Really Big Systems-Learn how to apply the Value Stream level for complex solutions, and coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and suppliers.
Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise-Lead the change! Scaling Enterprise Lean-Agile leadership.
This course is taught by experienced agile professionals who are currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels, and they are active members in the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.
The SAFe® certification test is challenging! Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two day course to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
- Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise by Dean Leffingwell
- Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises by Dean Leffingwell
- Leading Change, With a New Preface by the Author
- The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development by Donald G. Reinertsen
- Scaled Agile Framework Case Studies
Download a printable course description here.
Sign Up for Our Next Public Course or call us to schedule a private Leading SAFe™ 4.0 Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) with Lego® Serious Play® course!
- June 6, 2017 - June 7, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- September 12, 2017 - September 13, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Arlington, VA