SAFe® 4 Product Owner / Product Manager Workshop (2 Day)
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise– and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs– by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their rose.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Who Should Attend:
- Product Mangers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, Consultants, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO Personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects, Lean-Agile Leaders, and Agile Change Agents.
While anyone can attend this class to enhance their knowledge base, Leading SAFe®, SAFe® ScrumXP, or SAFe® SPC training are highly recommended as prerequisites for this course and to receive certification.
Certification Process (optional):
- Attend the 2-Day SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager course
- Pass the POPM Exam (Score 35 our of 45 – 77% passing score)
Those attendees that pass the exam will receive:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- A SAFe® digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
Learners will gain a solid understanding of key SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager concepts:
SAFe® Overview Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®
Product Manager & Product Owner Roles Connect SAFe® Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
Program Increment Planning Executing the Program Increment and delivering continuous value
Enterprise Backlog Management A discussion about the Enterprise Backlog Model, connecting the Portfolio to the Business, Formulating Strategic Themes, and Epics and Stories
Delivering Features An experiential walkthrough of “Building/Maintaining Vision and Roadmap” and how it guides the delivery of Features over time. This naturally leads to the discussion of the refining and prioritization of the Program Backlog.
Agile Software Requirements Using Feature Stories to drive Features, Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
Stakeholder Management Creating a Stakeholder Plan and engaging your Stakeholders
Renewals are from the date of certification.
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach-hours
This course is taught by experienced agile professionals who are currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels, and they are active members in the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.
Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two day workshop to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
- Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise by Dean Leffingwell
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development by Donald G. Reinersten
- Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products that Customers Love by Roman Pichler