Leading SAFe® 5 Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) with Lego® Serious Play®
In this two-day course, attendees will have some fun with LEGO® Serious Play® (LSP) while gaining the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and it’s underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skilss for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide–and empower their enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace– when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Who Should Attend:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Managment
- Program and Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
To perform the roles of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Apply SAFe®’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe®
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purposes
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe® implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipelin
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
Introduction to SAFe®-Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®.
Lean-Agile Mindset-Embrace the Lean Mindset and support the Agile Manifesto.
Understanding SAFe® Principles-Understand why each of the SAFe® Five Core Competencies work to assure the change moves the enterprise in the right direction, as each implantation is different.
Experiencing PI Planning-Create and review draft Product Increment plans; finalize plans and establish Business Value; and review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives.
Exploring, Executing & Releasing Value-Vision inspires action: Learn how to develop the Vision, Roadmap & Backlog. Then learn the steps to prioritize and execute each iteration, inspect and adapt, and release value on demand.
Agile Portfolio-Define Strategic Themes, identify portfolio Value Streams, advance Solution Behavior with portfolio Epics, transition from project cost accounting to Lean-Agile Budgeting, and forecast Epics on a near term Roadmap.
Building Really Big Systems-Learn how to apply the Value Stream level for complex solutions, and coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and suppliers.
Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise-Lead the change! Scaling Enterprise Lean-Agile leadership.
- Attend the 2-Day Leading SAFe® 5 course
- Pass the SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
Renewals are from the date of certification.
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach- hours
What You Get:
- Attendee workbooks
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist Exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
This course is taught by experienced agile professionals who are currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels, and they are active members in the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.
The SAFe® certification test is challenging! Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two day course to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
- Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise by Dean Leffingwell
- Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises by Dean Leffingwell
- Leading Change, With a New Preface by the Author
- The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development by Donald G. Reinertsen
- Scaled Agile Framework Case Studies
Contact us to schedule a private Leading SAFe® 5 Agilist with Certification course.