Leading SAFe® 4.5 Scaled Agilist Certification (SA) with Lego® Serious Play®
In this two-day course, you’ll have some fun with LEGO® Serious Play® (LSP) while developing a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower your enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when you become a SAFe® Agilist (SA). During this two-day course, you’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace. You’ll also get practical advice on supporting Agile teams and programs, empowering a Lean Portfolio, building a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinating large solutions.
Who Should Attend:
This course is for executives, managers, and Agile change agents responsible for leading a lean-agile change initiative in a large software enterprise…who want to learn through gamification and like to play with LEGO® bricks!
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4.5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
To perform the roles of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy and release value
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance their Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in their enterprise
Introduction to SAFe®-Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®
Lean-Agile Mindset-Embrace the Lean Mindset and support the Agile Manifesto.
Understanding SAFe® Principles-Understand why each of the nine SAFe® principles work to assure the change moves the enterprise in the right direction, as each implantation is different.
Experiencing PI Planning-Create and review draft Product Increment plans; finalize plans and establish Business Value; and review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives.
Exploring, Executing & Releasing Value-Vision inspires action: Learn how to develop the Vision, Roadmap & Backlog. Then learn the steps to prioritize and execute each iteration, inspect and adapt, and release value on demand.
Agile Portfolio-Define Strategic Themes, identify portfolio Value Streams, advance Solution Behavior with portfolio Epics, transition from project cost accounting to Lean-Agile Budgeting, and forecast Epics on a near term Roadmap.
Building Really Big Systems-Learn how to apply the Value Stream level for complex solutions, and coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and suppliers.
Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise-Lead the change! Scaling Enterprise Lean-Agile leadership.
- Attend the 2-Day Leading SAFe® 4.5 course
- Pass the SAFe 4.5 Agilist Exam (retakes are $50 and can be taken 45 days or more after the previous exam)
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (76% passing score)
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach- hours
What Your Get:
- Attendee workbooks
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4.5 Agilist Exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- PDUs: 5 | SEUs: 9
This course is taught by experienced agile professionals who are currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels, and they are active members in the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.
The SAFe® certification test is challenging! Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two day course to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
- Agile Software Requirements: Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise by Dean Leffingwell
- Scaling Software Agility: Best Practices for Large Enterprises by Dean Leffingwell
- Leading Change, With a New Preface by the Author
- The Principles of Product Development Flow: Second Generation Lean Product Development by Donald G. Reinertsen
- Scaled Agile Framework Case Studies
Download a printable course description here.
Contact us to schedule a private Leading SAFe® 4.5 Agilist with Certification course.