Agile Fundamentals with LEGO® Serious Play®
This two-day Agile Fundamentals certification course with the LEGO® Serious Play method is the first step in becoming an agile professional or an effective participant on a team by giving you a solid understanding of agile practices, principles, frameworks, and “mindset.” Upon completion of the course, you are awarded an Agile Fundamentals ICP certificate with access to the student dashboard, where you can track your progress along the ICAgile Roadmap. This Agile Fundamentals certification stands proudly on its own, or it is the beginning of your journey to becoming an ICAgile Certified Professional.
Who Should Attend?
- Product and Line Managers
- Project Managers and Product Owners
- Team/Technical Leads
- Developers, Testers, and Business Analysts
- Anyone who is or will be working in an agile environment who wants to learn through gamification and like to play with LEGO® bricks.
What are the Prerequisites?
Agile Fundamentals Learning Goals
- Learn the origins of agile, giving you continuity from the past to the present and clarifying what was and wasn’t intended with “agile.”
- Anchor the idea that agile is a “mindset” through various activities so that you will internalize the difference experientially, not just in concept.
- Develop soft skills, understand communication barriers, realize the importance of physical work environments, and be introduced to collaboration and shared understanding techniques.
- Learn the value of incremental-iterative development, design quality, continuous integration and delivery, and the costs involved.
- Acquire methods for engaging and getting feedback from users.
- Learn an array of agile methodologies and diversified applications and approaches.
- Clear up the misconception of agile development that it involves no planning and no promises and that one single process can fit all projects and situations.
Agile Fundamentals Topics Covered
Through LEGO® Serious Play, learners will gain a solid understanding of key agile concepts:
History & Mindset
The purpose of this subject is to understand the agile mindset and history. The learner will engage in exercises to adopt the agile mindset.
- The Origins of Agile
- Agile Culture & Mindset
Individuals & Interactions
The purpose of this subject is to understand that individuals working in teams create value. The learner will recognize the purpose, concepts, and theory supporting this concept, along with applications supporting it.
- Create Shared Understanding
- Shifts in Roles
The purpose of this subject is to understand why agile development focuses so heavily on working products, including the role of value in driving work. The learner will study iterative and incremental approaches, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Incremental Development
Customer & User Involvement
This subject aims to understand concepts and theories for working with stakeholders, customers, and users. The learner will also review possible related benefits and apply potential approaches.
- Including Customers and Users
- Product Adaption
Planning & Adapting
This subject aims to understand the value, concept, and theory for learning and adapting at various levels, including product, process, team, and organization. The learner will also study potential applications.
- Planning and Adapting
- Process & Project Adaption
Agile Fundamentals with LEGO® Serious Play® training is taught by experienced agile professionals currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels and are active members of the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.