Leading SAFe® 6 Scaled Agilist with Certification (SA)
In this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the seven competencies that enable enterprises to achieve the agility needed to successfully respond to volatile market conditions, changing customer needs, and emerging technologies.
Attendees will gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the adapt-or-die competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding of implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Who Should Attend?
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
What are the Prerequisites?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe® Learning Goals
- Strengthening the foundation for Business Agility with SAFe®
- Empowering teams and clarifying responsibilities
- Accelerating value flow
- Enhancing business Agility with SAFe® across the business
- Building the future with AI, Big Data, and Cloud
- Delivering better outcomes with measure and grow and OKRs
- Understand customer needs with Design Thinking
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Apply SAFe®’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe®
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe® implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
SAFe® Topics Covered
Introduction to SAFe® – Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework®.
Lean-Agile Mindset – Embrace the Lean Mindset and support the Agile Manifesto.
Understanding SAFe® Principles – Understand why each of the SAFe® Seven Core Competencies works to ensure the change moves the enterprise toward becoming a lean enterprise and achieving business agility.
Experiencing PI Planning – Create and review draft Product Increment plans; finalize plans and establish Business Value, and review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives.
Building the Future – Establish Team and Technical Agility and organize around the flow of data.
Exploring, Executing & Releasing Value – Vision inspires action: Learn how to develop the Vision, Roadmap & Backlog. Then learn the steps to prioritize and execute each iteration, inspect and adapt, and release value on demand.
Agile Portfolio – Define Strategic Themes, identify portfolio Value Streams, advance Solution Behavior with portfolio Epics, the transition from project cost accounting to Lean-Agile Budgeting, and forecast Epics on a near-term Roadmap.
Building Really Big Systems – Learn how to apply the Value Stream level for complex solutions and coordinate and integrate multiple ARTs and suppliers.
Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise – Lead the change! Scaling Enterprise Lean-Agile leadership.
- Attend the 2-Day Leading SAFe® course
- Pass the SAFe® Agilist Exam (retakes are $50)
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe® course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 80% passing score
Renewals are from the date of certification.
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
What You Get:
- Attendee workbooks
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Agilist Exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe® Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
The SAFe® certification test is challenging! Because there simply isn’t enough time during a two-day course to cover everything in detail, it is highly recommended you supplement the material covered in class with reading recommended by Scaled Agile:
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you.
Leading SAFe® Scaled Agilist (SA) training is taught by experienced agile professionals currently “in the trenches.” They have guided transformations across public and private sectors spanning all organizational levels and are active members of the agile community. Key concepts are solidified through real-world anecdotes, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussions. This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the learning objectives.